Sunday, July 22, 2007

Inari Festival


Last night we went to the Inari Shrine. There was a festival to ensure a successful harvest. It was very interesting. The Inari Shrine is a shrine that is a series of tori gates running up a mountain. There are thousands of the red gates winding their way up the mountain. Last night was a "light up". Lanterns were lit, and there were dances and singing. It was really, pretty cool. We went with our friends Mark and Minako, Bryan and Yuki, and Eric. We wandered around the festival area looking at all the food and toys. I was tempted to try the bar-b-qued sparrow, but to me it looked more like a bat on a stick, than a bird. I just couldn't bring myself to try it. It was great to just hang out and enjoy the company of our friends. We had so much fun that I think that we just might go back again tonight.

No comments: